After you’ve gotten a traffic ticket, you probably just want to deal with it as quickly as you possibly can. But does that mean you should sign up for the first traffic school you find on Google? Absolutely not.
While it may seem like all online traffic schools are equal, they actually aren’t. They might all clear your ticket, but that’s where the similarities end — they have different prices, features, customer service records, online reviews, and more.
So to help you in your search, we’re comparing everything you need to know about two popular schools: Best Online Traffic School, and Aceable Traffic School. This is everything you need to know to choose the better school of these two common options.
Aceable Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
We think we are, here at Best Online Traffic School. And here’s why: Best Online Traffic School is the We think we are, here at Best Online Traffic School. With just a visit to our website, you can learn everything you need to know about how and when you can take our course, how long it takes to complete, what’s required, and how much it costs.
When you’re searching for the right traffic school, you need as much information as possible at your fingertips so you can quickly and easily compare programs. That’s why Best Online Traffic School is the best option in California.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s how Best Online Traffic School compares to Aceable Traffic School in features, requirements, pricing, and customer experience.
License and Business Information
According to California DMV records, both Aceable and Best Online Traffic School have active licenses and are able to provide traffic school in the state of California.
Best Online Traffic School, first licensed in 2018, currently holds license number E1314. Best Online is only licensed in California, and not any other state. For California residents, though, this is good news — we’re experts on California traffic laws and traffic school regulations. We meet DMV requirements in all 58 counties, and you can take our course from anywhere in the state. We’re a California DMV Licensed Online Traffic School, and our course is accepted by all courts in California. We’re also one of the only traffic schools in the state to provide the course in English and Spanish with free audio narration.
Its California DMV license shows that Best Online Traffic School is located at 133 N Altadena Dr Ste 215 in Pasadena, California. It’s owned by Prat City, LLC, and operated by Rodney Yo. You can reach Best Online Traffic School by email at [email protected], or by phone at (530) 553-8813.
Aceable Traffic School holds license number E0803, and was first licensed in 2017. According to its California DMV license, Aceable is located at 100 E. San Marcos Blvd., Ste. 421, in San Marcos, California; is owned by Aceable, Inc.; and is operated by Rebecca Renteria. You can reach Aceable by phone at (855) 982-9444, or email at [email protected].
While Aceable is licensed to provide traffic school in a number of states (California, Texas, Florida, and Indiana), BOTS is only licensed in California. That means that BOTS is an expert on California traffic laws and DMV requirements, and we can help you clear your tickets or get points off your license quickly and without any stress or hassle.
What Common Features Are Included?
Both these courses are offered online. And as per California law, both schools will submit your results to the California DMV and your court.
When it comes to common features for online traffic schools, here’s how Aceable Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School stack up.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- Aceable – Accepts major credit and debit cards.
- BOTS – All major credit and debit cards, including internationally issued cards. PayPal can be accepted in some cases. We don’t accept checks or cash.
Can I take the course on any device?
- Aceable – The course can be taken on any internet-connected device. They also offer an app you can download.
- BOTS – Yes, you can use any computer, tablet, or mobile device that is internet-connected. You can also switch between devices without losing any progress.
Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- Aceable – You can take as long as you need to complete it.
- BOTS – There is no time limit to complete the course.
How long does the course take?
- Aceable – There are no course timers, so you can move at your own pace.
- BOTS – The course meets the minimum word count to be equivalent to California’s 8-hour classroom course. But you can work at your own pace, and it’s possible to finish the course in 1-3 hours while still meeting California’s DMV requirements.
How long does the final exam take?
- Aceable – The final exam consists of 25 multiple-choice questions.
- BOTS – The average student takes 15-20 minutes to complete the final exam.
Will I get due date reminders?
- Aceable – They do not send due date reminders.
- BOTS – Yes, due date reminders are free.
Can I listen to the course?
- Aceable – They do not provide an audio version of the course.
- BOTS – Yes, audio read along is included for free.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
- Aceable – If you fail both times, you’ll have to pay again to retake Aceable Traffic School’s course.
- BOTS – You’re allowed two consecutive attempts to pass the final exam (which means getting at least a 70% score). 99% of Best Online Traffic School customers pass on the first try. But in the unlikely attempt that you fail both attempts, you’ll have to re-register for the course, as per DMV rules. Retaking the course is still free.
Is the final exam open book?
- Aceable – Yes, the final exam is open book.
- BOTS – California rules allow for an open book during the final quiz. You can refer back to course sections online without losing your time or place in the final exam.
Is same-day submission to the court available?
- Aceable – The school will file your completion once you complete the course.
- BOTS – Yes, your information is sent to the DMV and your selected court as soon as you pass the final exam and submit payment for the course.
Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- Aceable – A digital copy of your certificate can be added on for an extra $10 fee.
- BOTS – Best Online Traffic School will have your certificate of completion available for download, and will email you a copy. You can request to have a physical copy mailed to you for a low extra fee.
Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- Aceable – No. Aceable Traffic School does not offer any kind of case tracking service.
- BOTS – For an extra fee, Best Online Traffic School offers “Ultimate Peace of Mind” Service. This means the school will send you email updates when your course is Submitted, Processing and Closed, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
How Does Customer Service Compare?
When it comes to customer service, we really start to see why BOTS is the better choice between these two traffic schools.
If you need to reach customer support for Best Online Traffic School, you have a few different options:
- Email a support representative.
- Call a support representative.
- Use a live chat feature on our website.
Aceable Traffic School’s help center offers a lot of help articles, as well as a live chat. However, the chat has inconsistent hours: It’s only available until 4 p.m. Central Time most weekdays (3 p.m. on Thursdays), and closes for an hour each weekday afternoon. Weekend availability is even more limited — chat support is only available from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
Aceable also offers customer support via email. When we emailed their support team with some questions, it took them six hours to respond to the initial email. In their response, they sent a boilerplate text about Aceable’s traffic school offerings, but didn’t answer any of the questions we had asked in our initial email. Overall, we weren’t impressed with the customer service we received. They took a long time to respond to our query, and when they did, they didn’t even address the questions we had asked.
How Do Online Reviews Compare?
When comparing businesses like traffic schools, it’s always a good idea to look at their online reviews. This gives you an idea of the kinds of experiences real customers have had in the past, which is a likely indication of the kind of experience you’ll have, as well.
We looked up Best Online Traffic School and Aceable Traffic School on a number of reputable online review sites. Here’s what we found.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 269 reviews.
Aceable Traffic School has a number of Yelp listings for schools located in different states and cities. We found a listing for Aceable in Concord, California, which had a 2.5-star rating based on 20 reviews. Yelp listings for Aceable in other places averaged about 2.5 stars.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 1,060 reviews.
Aceable Traffic School has a 3-star rating based on 9 reviews.
Which Is More Affordable?
If you’re trying to clear a traffic ticket, you’re probably already stressed about court fees and fines. The last thing you need is sticker shock for the traffic school you choose.
Best Online Traffic School is one of the most affordable options in the state of California. Our course costs just $14.99, and you only have to pay once you pass.
Aceable Traffic School costs $19, which you have to pay at the time you enroll. However, to get that price, you have to agree to a one-month free trial of Allstate Roadside Assistance, which, if you forget to cancel at the end of your trial, will bill you $5 per month going forward. Without adding roadside assistance, Aceable’s traffic school costs $29.
Our Choice: Best Online Traffic School
For all the reasons we highlighted above, we think Best Online Traffic School is your best choice for traffic school in California. Our program is low-cost, transparent about pricing and features, offers excellent customer service, and comes with extras (like due date reminders) that you don’t get with Aceable Traffic School. But don’t just take our word for it — see for yourself. Sign up for free today.