- Best Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
- License and Business Information
- What Common Features Are Included?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- Can I take the course on any device?
- Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- How long does the course take?
- How long does the final exam take?
- Will I get due date reminders?
- What happens if I fail the final exam?
- Is the final exam open book?
- Is same-day submission to the court available?
- Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- How Does Customer Service Compare?
- How Do Online Reviews Compare?
- How Much They Cost
- Why Best Online Traffic School Is the Better Choice
If you’ve tried to choose a California Traffic School, you already know you have a lot of options.
There are hundreds of online traffic school providers in the state, and at a glance, it can be hard to see what’s different about all of them. Consider Best Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School — they even have almost the same name.
But the reality is that every traffic school is different, and while choosing one may feel overwhelming, it could be the choice between an expensive, stressful, time-consuming process, or an experience that’s affordable, easy, and clears your ticket quickly.
That’s why we set out to help. Below, we’ve compared everything you need to know about Best Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School, so you can be sure you’re making the right decision.
Best Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
When choosing a traffic school, it’s important to choose a course that offers all the features you need (preferably at an affordable price).
Here’s how Best Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School compare when it comes to common course features and what they each offer.
We think we are, here at Best Online Traffic School. With just a visit to our website, you can learn everything you need to know about how and when you can take our course, how long it takes to complete, what’s required, and how much it costs.
When you’re searching for the right traffic school, you need as much information as possible at your fingertips so you can quickly and easily compare programs. That’s why Best Online Traffic School is the best option in California.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s how Best Online Traffic School compares to TrafficSchool.com in features, requirements, pricing, and customer experience.
License and Business Information
Both Best Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School are licensed by the DMV to operate in all of California’s counties and courts.
Best Online Traffic School, first licensed in 2018, currently holds license number E1314. Best Online is only licensed in California, and not any other states. For California residents, though, this is good news — we’re experts on California traffic laws and traffic school regulations. We meet DMV requirements in all 58 counties, and you can take our course from anywhere in the state.
Its California DMV license shows that Best Online Traffic School is located at 171 N Altadena Dr Ste 270 in Pasadena, California. It’s owned by Prat City, LLC, and operated by Rodney Yo. You can reach Best Online Traffic School by email at [email protected], or by phone at (530) 553-8813.
Best Traffic School holds license #E1966. It was first licensed in 2012. It is owned by Madmatt Con, Inc., and operated by Matthew Adam Kaminsky. Best Traffic School is located at 7176 W Sunset Blvd., in Los Angeles. Its listed phone number is (877) 991-2378.
What Common Features Are Included?
Here’s how Best Traffic School (BTS) and Best Online Traffic School (BOTS) compare when looking at all the features they offer for their students.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- BTS – Best Traffic School accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express, as well as e-checks.
- BOTS – All major credit and debit cards, including internationally issued cards. PayPal can be accepted in some cases. We don’t accept checks or cash.
Can I take the course on any device?
- BTS – Yes, the course can be taken on a phone, tablet, or computer.
- BOTS – Yes, you can use any computer, tablet, or mobile device that is internet-connected. You can also switch between devices without losing any progress.
Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- BTS – There is no time limit to finish the course, other than deadlines set by your court.
- BOTS – There is no time limit, other than the due date set by your court.
How long does the course take?
- BTS – Best Traffic School doesn’t use course timers, so you can finish the course at your own pace.
- BOTS – The course meets the minimum word count to be equivalent to California’s 8-hour classroom course. But you can work at your own pace, and it’s possible to finish the course in 1-3 hours while still meeting California’s DMV requirements.
How long does the final exam take?
- BTS – Best Traffic School doesn’t specify how long the exam takes, but it is 25 multiple choice questions.
- BOTS – The average student takes 15-20 minutes to complete the final exam.
Will I get due date reminders?
- BTS – The course page includes a countdown to your due date, but it does not appear as if Best Traffic School will reach out to you to remind you when your due date is approaching.
- BOTS – Yes, due date reminders are free.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
- BTS – If you fail the final exam, California DMV rules state that you are allowed one retake. If you fail on your second try, you must retake your traffic school course. Best Traffic School offers a money back guarantee and will refund your course fee if you don’t pass.
- BOTS – You’re allowed two consecutive attempts to pass the final exam (which means getting at least a 70% score). 99% of Best Online Traffic School customers pass on the first try. But in the unlikely attempt that you fail both attempts, you’ll have to re-register for the course, as per DMV rules. Retaking the course is still free.
Is the final exam open book?
- BTS – Yes, the final exam is open book.
- BOTS – California rules allow for an open book during the final quiz. You can refer back to course sections online without losing your time or place in the final exam.
Is same-day submission to the court available?
- BTS – Yes. Once you complete the course, your certificate is sent electronically to the DMV, who then forwards it to the court.
- BOTS – Yes, your information is sent to the DMV and your selected court as soon as you pass the final exam and submit payment for the course.
Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- BTS – Once you complete your course, you’ll be presented with a digital copy you can download for your own records.
- BOTS – Best Online Traffic School will have your certificate of completion available for download, and will email you a copy. You can request to have a physical copy mailed to you for a low extra fee.
Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- BTS – Best Traffic School does not offer this.
- BOTS – For an extra fee, Best Online Traffic School offers “Ultimate Peace of Mind” Service. This means the school will send you email updates when your course is Submitted, Processing and Closed, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
How Does Customer Service Compare?
When you’re on a deadline to complete traffic school to meet a court’s requirements, customer service can be a major concern. You need to know you’ll be able to reach someone quickly should any problems arise.
When we reached out to Best Traffic School with some questions for this article, they responded just over an hour later with answers to our questions. While they were prompt and courteous, they did claim that no traffic school has the ability to track a student’s court case for them — something we know isn’t factually accurate, since many schools (including Best Online Traffic School) do offer this service.
At Best Online Traffic School, we understand how important customer service is. That’s why we offer multiple ways to get in touch with us. You can:
- Email a support representative at [email protected];
- Call a support representative at (530) 553-8813;
- Use a live chat feature on our website.
Our live chat is available 24/7, and representatives respond as promptly as possible to all requests. In fact, many of our online reviews specifically state that our customer service team goes above and beyond.
How Do Online Reviews Compare?
When comparing traffic schools, online reviews are a useful tool. Looking at reviews gives you a sense of the experience other customers have had, which could indicate how your own experience will be.
Here’s how Best Traffic School and Best Online compare in their online reviews on a few popular platforms.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 144 reviews.
Best Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 301 reviews.
Best Traffic School has a 5-star rating, but it’s based on just three reviews.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 813 reviews.
How Much They Cost
Best Traffic School charges $21.95 for its course. The site notes that there are no taxes or hidden fees.
Best Online Traffic School also has no surprise charges or hidden fees, but our course costs just $9.99, making it a better value in this case.
Why Best Online Traffic School Is the Better Choice
When you look at their features and online reviews, these two traffic schools appear almost identical in what they offer. But the choice here really comes down to value.
And when it comes to price, it’s very clear that Best Online Traffic School is a much better value, offering all the same features for less than half the price of Best Traffic School.
For these reasons, we think the choice here is clear: Best Online Traffic School is the better option. Ready to see for yourself? Sign up for free today.