After getting a traffic ticket or a moving violation, you might find yourself wondering what your next step should be.
Likely, you’ll want to look for ways to mask the points on your license, get the violation dismissed, or lower your insurance rates, and for all of these, online traffic school can help. But there are a lot of choices for traffic schools, including thousands just in the state of California. If you want to find a quality school that will help you achieve your goals quickly, with low stress, and for a low price, you’re probably already overwhelmed by the sheer number of options out there.
We can help. In your search for an online traffic school, you’re likely to come across Best Online Traffic School. And another popular choice that you’ve probably already seen in your research is Comedy Traffic School. But which one should you choose? Which one is better?
Comedy Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
We think we are, here at Best Online Traffic School. With just a visit to our website, you can learn everything you need to know about how and when you can take our course, how long it takes to complete, what’s required, and how much it costs.
Comedy Traffic School seems to have a program that works for a lot of people, but their website doesn’t contain a lot of that vital information. When we reached out to a support specialist with a list of questions, they only answered a few of them.
When you’re searching for the right traffic school, you need as much information as possible at your fingertips so you can quickly and easily compare programs. That’s why Best Online Traffic School is the best option in California.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s how Best Online Traffic School compares to Comedy Traffic School in features, requirements, pricing, and customer experience.
License and Business Information
Both Best Online Traffic School and Comedy Traffic School are licensed by the California DMV to provide traffic school in the state.
Its California DMV license shows that Best Online Traffic School is located at 133 N Altadena Dr Ste 215 in Pasadena, California. It’s owned by Prat City, LLC, and operated by Rodney Yo. You can reach Best Online Traffic School by email at [email protected], or by phone at (530) 553-8813.
Best Online Traffic School is only approved in California, and not any other states. But that means Best Online Traffic School is an expert in California laws and California traffic school requirements. It’s available and meets DMV requirements in all 58 counties in California. We’re a California DMV Licensed Online Traffic School, and our course is accepted by all courts in California. We’re also one of the only traffic schools in the state to provide the course in English and Spanish with free audio narration.
Comedy Traffic School holds license number E0119. That license was first issued in 2012. Comedy Traffic School is located at 840 Apollo Street, Ste 100 A, in El Segundo, California. The school is owned by Comedy Traffic School LLC, and operated by Brett Drogmund. Comedy Traffic School can be reached in a few different ways: by phone at (800) 301-0060, by email at [email protected], or via an online form on their website.
What Common Features Are Included?
Both these courses are offered online, in mobile-friendly formats that you can take on-the-go. And as per California law, both schools will submit your results to the California DMV and your court.
Here’s how some of their other features compare.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- Comedy – Visa, Mastercard, debit cards, and money orders. Cash, checks, and some credit cards are not accepted.
- BOTS – All major credit and debit cards, including internationally issued cards. PayPal can be accepted in some cases. We don’t accept checks or cash.
Can I take the course on any device?
- Comedy – You can take the course on any device with internet access, and log on or off at any time without losing your progress. When we previewed the courses, though, some were difficult to navigate and read on small mobile phone screens.
- BOTS – Yes, you can use any computer, tablet, or mobile device that is internet-connected. You can also switch between devices without losing any progress.
Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- Comedy – We asked a customer support representative if there’s a time limit for completing the course, but they did not answer that question.
- BOTS – There is no time limit to complete the course.
How long does the course take?
- Comedy – According to a customer support representative at Comedy Traffic School, the course takes eight hours to complete.
- BOTS – The course meets the minimum word count to be equivalent to California’s 8-hour classroom course. But you can work at your own pace, and it’s possible to finish the course in 1-3 hours while still meeting California’s DMV requirements.
How long does the final exam take?
- Comedy – We asked a customer support representative how long the final exam takes, but they did not answer that question.
- BOTS – The average student takes 15-20 minutes to complete the final exam.
Will I get due date reminders?
- Comedy – Yes, due date reminders are included in the course fee.
- BOTS – Yes, due date reminders are free.
Can I listen to the course?
- Comedy – You can purchase the audio course for an additional fee.
- BOTS – Yes, audio read along is included for free.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
- Comedy – Includes two attempts to pass the exam (which means getting at least a 70% score). Comedy Traffic School doesn’t charge students unless they pass the final quiz.
- BOTS – You’re allowed two consecutive attempts to pass the final exam (which means getting at least a 70% score). 99% of Best Online Traffic School customers pass on the first try. But in the unlikely attempt that you fail both attempts, you’ll have to re-register for the course, as per DMV rules. Retaking the course is still free.
Is the final exam open book?
- Comedy – California rules allow for an open book during the final exam. At Comedy Traffic School, you can print out a PDF version of the course to be able to refer back to it during your quiz.
- BOTS – California rules allow for an open book during the final quiz. You can refer back to course sections online without losing your time or place in the final exam.
Is same-day submission to the court available?
- Comedy – Yes, your information is sent to the DMV as soon as you pass the final exam.
- BOTS – Yes, your information is sent to the DMV and your selected court as soon as you pass the final exam and submit payment for the course.
Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- Comedy – You receive an electronic certificate only. You can purchase a hard copy for $9.99.
- BOTS – Best Online Traffic School will have your certificate of completion available for download, and will email you a copy. You can request to have a physical copy mailed to you for a low extra fee.
Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- Comedy – After the school submits your completion to the DMV, it can take up to two weeks for the court to update your case status. You are responsible for following up and making sure your case status gets updated.
- BOTS – For an extra fee, Best Online Traffic School offers “Ultimate Peace of Mind” Service. This means the school will send you email updates when your course is Submitted, Processing and Closed, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
How Does Customer Service Compare?
Here’s where we start to really see the differences between these two schools. Dealing with the aftermath of a traffic ticket is hard enough — you don’t want it made harder by unanswered questions and negative support experiences.
If you need to reach customer service, both of these schools offer a number of ways to do so.
At Best Online Traffic School, you can:
- Email a support representative.
- Call a support representative.
- Use a live chat feature on our website.
BOTS offers 24/7 support, but if no representatives are available to respond to your chat query right away, you can search help center articles from right inside the chat window while you wait.
Comedy Traffic School also offers numerous ways to reach out to a support representative. You can:
- Email a support representative.
- Call a support representative.
- Use a live chat feature on their website.
Comedy Traffic School does not offer as much information about its course online, so we had a lot of questions after reading their website. When we reached out via email with a list of questions, a support representative answered fairly quickly — in about 15 minutes. However, they didn’t answer all the questions we had asked. Out of six questions we asked in a numbered list, the representative answered four of them. The others were not addressed at all.
After struggling to get those questions answered by Comedy Traffic School, we find that Best Online Traffic School offers a much better customer service experience.
How Do Online Reviews Compare?
Checking reviews is a great way to compare different traffic schools. After all, the experiences that other people have had at a school are likely to be similar to the experience you would have.
With that in mind, let’s see how BOTS and Comedy Traffic School compare in terms of reviews from past students.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 269 reviews.
Comedy Traffic School has a 4-star rating based on 175 reviews.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 1,060 reviews.
Comedy Traffic School has a 4.7-star rating based on 165 reviews.
Which Is More Affordable?
After paying your fines and court fees for a traffic violation, saving money is probably at the front of your mind. That’s why you might want to find a traffic school that charges low fees, while still delivering great service and results.
Best Online Traffic School is one of the most affordable options in California, coming in at just $14.99, which you only have to pay once you pass your final quiz.
Comedy Traffic School, on the other hand, costs $19.95.
Our Verdict: Best Online Traffic School
Taking into consideration its low cost, excellent customer reviews, top-tier customer service, and wide range of features to make your course fast and convenient, we find Best Online Traffic School to be just what its name says: The best online traffic school in the state of California. Ready to see for yourself? Sign up for free today.