- Fast Lane Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
- License and Business Information
- What Common Features Are Included?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- Can I take the course on any device?
- Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- How long does the course take?
- How long does the final exam take?
- Will I get due date reminders?
- What happens if I fail the final exam?
- Is the final exam open book?
- Is same-day submission to the court available?
- Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- How Does Customer Service Compare?
- How Do Online Reviews Compare?
- How Much They Cost
- Why Best Online Traffic School Is the Better Choice
According to statistics from Everquote, California drivers are more than twice as likely as the national average to receive citations for a number of traffic violations, including making illegal U-turns and speeding. While some might think this is evidence that California has bad drivers, we see it a different way: If you’ve received a traffic ticket in the state, you’re definitely not alone.
In California, traffic violator school can help drivers mask a point on their license after a ticket. But there are thousands of schools available across the state, and choosing the right one can mean the difference between a stress-free experience and one that takes up even more of your time and effort.
When searching for an online traffic school in California, you’re likely to come across two popular options: Fast Lane Traffic School, and Best Online Traffic School. Which one is better? We did all the work to compare them so you can clearly see that there’s one better choice here. Read on for the details.
Fast Lane Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
If you’re looking for the best deal from your traffic school, you need to know what features it offers — and for what price.
The table below doesn’t include every feature offered by Fast Lane Traffic School and Best Online, but it does cover some of the most important.
Note that Fast Lane Traffic Schools offers both an online course and a booklet course. For this comparison, we’ll be focusing on the online course.
We think we are, here at Best Online Traffic School. With just a visit to our website, you can learn everything you need to know about how and when you can take our course, how long it takes to complete, what’s required, and how much it costs.
When you’re searching for the right traffic school, you need as much information as possible at your fingertips so you can quickly and easily compare programs. That’s why Best Online Traffic School is the best option in California.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s how Best Online Traffic School compares to TrafficSchool.com in features, requirements, pricing, and customer experience.
License and Business Information
Both Fast Lane Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School are licensed by the California DMV for their online traffic violator course, which can be taken online in all of California’s 58 counties.
Best Online Traffic School, first licensed in 2018, currently holds license number E1314. Best Online is only licensed in California, and not any other states. For California residents, though, this is good news — we’re experts on California traffic laws and traffic school regulations. We meet DMV requirements in all 58 counties, and you can take our course from anywhere in the state.
Its California DMV license shows that Best Online Traffic School is located at 171 N Altadena Dr Ste 270 in Pasadena, California. It’s owned by Prat City, LLC, and operated by Rodney Yo. You can reach Best Online Traffic School by email at [email protected], or by phone at (530) 553-8813.
Fast Lane Traffic School holds California DMV license #E1571. It was first licensed in 2003, and is owned and operated by Vatche Sayegh. Fast Lane Traffic School is located at 1728 E. Washington Blvd., in Pasadena, California. Their phone number is (626) 797-4888.
What Common Features Are Included?
Here’s how Fast Lane Traffic School (FLTS) and Best Online Traffic School (BOTS) compare when looking at all the features they offer for their students.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- FLTS – Fast Lane Traffic School accepts most major credit and debit cards.
- BOTS – All major credit and debit cards, including internationally issued cards. PayPal can be accepted in some cases. We don’t accept checks or cash.
Can I take the course on any device?
- FLTS – They state their course will work on any computer or internet-connected device.
- BOTS – Yes, you can use any computer, tablet, or mobile device that is internet-connected. You can also switch between devices without losing any progress.
Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- FLTS – There is no time limit to finish the course, other than deadlines set by your court.
- BOTS – There is no time limit, other than the due date set by your court.
How long does the course take?
- FLTS – Fast Lane Traffic School allows students to complete the course on their own time, meaning it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days or longer.
- BOTS – The course meets the minimum word count to be equivalent to California’s 8-hour classroom course. But you can work at your own pace, and it’s possible to finish the course in 1-3 hours while still meeting California’s DMV requirements.
How long does the final exam take?
- FLTS – Fast Lane Traffic School doesn’t specify how long the exam takes, but it is 25 multiple choice questions.
- BOTS – The average student takes 15-20 minutes to complete the final exam.
Will I get due date reminders?
- FLTS – No, Fast Lane Traffic School does not offer due date reminders, saying “its [SIC] your responsibility on completing and following up with the court.”
- BOTS – Yes, due date reminders are free.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
- FLTS – They offer a more expensive “Unlimited Package” that they say includes unlimited retakes of the final exam. However, this is confusing, because DMV rules state that a student may only retake the exam one time, and that if they fail twice, they must retake the entire course.
- BOTS – You’re allowed two consecutive attempts to pass the final exam (which means getting at least a 70% score). 99% of Best Online Traffic School customers pass on the first try. But in the unlikely attempt that you fail both attempts, you’ll have to re-register for the course, as per DMV rules. Retaking the course is still free.
Is the final exam open book?
- FLTS – Yes, the final exam is open book.
- BOTS – California rules allow for an open book during the final quiz. You can refer back to course sections online without losing your time or place in the final exam.
Is same-day submission to the court available?
- FLTS – Yes. FLTS submits completions to the DMV and court as soon as you pass your final quiz.
- BOTS – Yes, your information is sent to the DMV and your selected court as soon as you pass the final exam and submit payment for the course.
Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- FLTS – All students receive an emailed certificate upon completing their course, and can request to have a physical copy sent to them by mail.
- BOTS – Best Online Traffic School will have your certificate of completion available for download, and will email you a copy. You can request to have a physical copy mailed to you for a low extra fee.
Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- FLTS – No, Fast Lane Traffic School does not offer any sort of case tracking.
- BOTS – For an extra fee, Best Online Traffic School offers “Ultimate Peace of Mind” Service. This means the school will send you email updates when your course is Submitted, Processing and Closed, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
How Does Customer Service Compare?
Which of these two traffic schools has better customer service? It’s an important question — if something goes wrong during your traffic school course, you’ll want to know that you can reach someone quickly and easily to get help.
When we reached out to Fast Lane Traffic School to ask a few questions for this article, we received a response fairly quickly — about 90 minutes after the email was sent. The response was courteous and included answers to all of our questions.
Students at Best Online Traffic School have a number of options for getting in touch with a customer service representative, should they need to. You can:
- Email a support representative at [email protected];
- Call a support representative at (530) 553-8813;
- Use a live chat feature on our website.
Our live chat is available 24/7, but in case all our representatives are busy and unable to answer your message right away, you can search for help center articles from inside the chat window while you wait.
How Do Online Reviews Compare?
If you want to see what kind of experience others had with a traffic school, online reviews can be a great place to look. This is an especially great way to compare two schools, because the experience others had is likely to be similar to the experience you will have.
Here’s how Fast Lane Traffic School and Best Online compare when it comes to their online reviews on a few popular platforms (Note that this section is based on online reviews as of late September, 2021).
Fast Lane Traffic School, on the other hand, has a 4.5-star rating based on just 11 reviews. While most of the Yelp reviews for Fast Lane Traffic School are very positive, there are a few customers who have reported technical difficulties, such as not being able to log in using certain browsers. There are also several reviewers who say their courses were never submitted to the DMV, and they saw increased insurance rates because of it.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 165 reviews.
Fast Lane Traffic School has a 5-star rating on Google, but it’s based on just 12 total reviews.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 914 reviews.
How Much They Cost
Traffic tickets can be expensive. That’s just one reason why cost might be a major consideration when choosing a traffic school, and both Fast Lane and Best Online are affordable options.
Fast Lane Traffic School costs $17.99 for its internet course. There’s also the option of the $32.99 “Unlimited Package,” but it’s a little confusing what that actually offers — Fast Lane claims you can retake your final quiz unlimited times with that package, but DMV rules say you must retake your entire traffic school course after failing the exam two times. Fast Lane also offers the online and booklet versions of its course in Spanish, for $15.99 and $32.99, respectively.
Best Online Traffic School is the more affordable option: Just $14.99, with more features included for that fee. But what’s really great about our course is that you don’t have to pay anything until after you pass. It’s truly risk-free.
Why Best Online Traffic School Is the Better Choice
These two traffic schools come very close to one another when compared. They both offer a quality product and good customer service at a reasonable price, and they both have good online reviews.
However, we think Best Online Traffic School wins by a hair, simply because it offers more features — like due date reminders and case tracking — for a lower price than Fast Lane Traffic School. You probably wouldn’t regret choosing either of these schools, but here at Best Online, we offer more value and help you save money with one of the lowest course fees you’ll find in the entire traffic school industry.
Ready to see for yourself? Sign up for free today.