- I Drive Safely vs Best Online Traffic School
- License and Business Information
- What Common Features Are Included?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- Can I take the course on any device?
- Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- How long does the course take?
- How long does the final exam take?
- Will I get due date reminders?
- What happens if I fail the final exam?
- Is the final exam open book?
- Is same-day submission to the court available?
- Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- How Does Customer Service Compare?
- How Do Online Reviews Compare?
- Which Is More Affordable?
- Our Choice: Best Online Traffic School
Each year, around 41 million drivers receive traffic citations. If it’s happened to you, you’re not alone.
However, that doesn’t make the situation any less stressful. And especially if you’re facing points on your license or increased insurance rates, you’re probably wishing that ticket had just never happened.
One way to mitigate the negative effects of a ticket is with online traffic school. However, there are so many schools to choose from, that can feel overwhelming by itself. Not sure which online traffic school to choose? We’re here to help.
Two top choices for California drivers are Best Online Traffic School and I Drive Safely. But how do they compare with one another? Which one should you choose?
Read on for a comprehensive review that explores the features, costs, reputation, and more for each of these top traffic schools.
I Drive Safely vs Best Online Traffic School
We think we are, here at Best Online Traffic School. And here’s why: Best Online Traffic School is the more affordable of the two. But more than that, BOTS is transparent about everything. With just a visit to our website, you can learn everything you need to know about how and when you can take our course, how long it takes to complete, what’s required, and how much it costs.
When you’re searching for the right traffic school, you need as much information as possible at your fingertips so you can quickly and easily compare programs. That’s why Best Online Traffic School is the best option in California.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s how Best Online Traffic School compares to I Drive Safely Traffic School in features, requirements, pricing, and customer experience.
License and Business Information
Let’s start with the basics: Are both of these options legitimate, licensed traffic schools? Yes — both are licensed by the California DMV and legally able to provide traffic school within the state.
Best Online Traffic School, first licensed in 2018, currently holds license number E1314. Best Online is only licensed in California, and not any other states. For California residents, though, this is good news — we’re experts on California traffic laws and traffic school regulations. We meet DMV requirements in all 58 counties, and you can take our course from anywhere in the state.
Its California DMV license shows that Best Online Traffic School is located at 2130 Huntington Dr, Ste 203, in Pasadena, California. It’s owned by Prat City, LLC, and operated by Rodney Yo. You can reach Best Online Traffic School by email at [email protected], or by phone at (530) 553-8813.
I Drive Safely has been licensed since 2012, and currently holds DMV license number E0138. I Drive Safely is licensed in states all over the country, so if you get a traffic ticket outside California, it’s worth looking into. In California, I Drive Safely is licensed in all 58 counties.
According to its California DMV licence, I Drive Safely is located at 100 E. San Marcos Blvd., Ste 425 in San Marcos, California. It’s owned by I Drive Safely, LLC, and operated by Sirovsky Vlad Lvovich. The phone number listed on the DMV licensing page for I Drive Safely is (800) 723-1955.
What Common Features Are Included?
Both these courses are offered online. And as per California law, both schools will submit your results to the California DMV and your court.
Here’s how some of their other features compare.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- I Drive Safely – Accepts major credit and debit cards, PayPal, and Amazon Payments.
- BOTS – All major credit and debit cards, including internationally issued cards. PayPal can be accepted in some cases. We don’t accept checks or cash.
Can I take the course on any device?
- I Drive Safely – The course can be taken on any internet-connected device, but it’s recommended you use a desktop or laptop computer, because technical issues have been reported on mobile.
- BOTS – Yes, you can use any computer, tablet, or mobile device that is internet-connected. You can also switch between devices without losing any progress.
Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- I Drive Safely – If you don’t complete the course within 730 days, your account will be suspended.
- BOTS – There is no time limit to complete the course.
How long does the course take?
- I Drive Safely – You work at your own pace on untimed course modules.
- BOTS – The course meets the minimum word count to be equivalent to California’s 8-hour classroom course. But you can work at your own pace, and it’s possible to finish the course in 1-3 hours while still meeting California’s DMV requirements.
How long does the final exam take?
- I Drive Safely – The final exam consists of 25 multiple-choice questions; the time students take to complete it varies.
- BOTS – The average student takes 15-20 minutes to complete the final exam.
Will I get due date reminders?
- I Drive Safely – They do not offer due date reminders. You’ll have to keep track of your court deadlines yourself with this course.
- BOTS – Yes, due date reminders are free.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
- I Drive Safely – If you fail both times, you’ll have to pay again to retake I Drive Safely’s course.
- BOTS – You’re allowed two consecutive attempts to pass the final exam (which means getting at least a 70% score). 99% of Best Online Traffic School customers pass on the first try. But in the unlikely attempt that you fail both attempts, you’ll have to re-register for the course, as per DMV rules. Retaking the course is still free.
Is the final exam open book?
- I Drive Safely – Yes, the final exam is open book.
- BOTS – California rules allow for an open book during the final quiz. You can refer back to course sections online without losing your time or place in the final exam.
Is same-day submission to the court available?
- I Drive Safely – Yes. As long as you pass the final quiz before midnight, it’ll be marked complete that day when submitted to the DMV.
- BOTS – Yes, your information is sent to the DMV and your selected court as soon as you pass the final exam and submit payment for the course.
Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- I Drive Safely – A copy of your certificate will be sent to the DMV for no extra cost; however, if you would like your own copy emailed or mailed to you, you’ll have to pay an extra fee.
- BOTS – Best Online Traffic School will have your certificate of completion available for download, and will email you a copy. You can request to have a physical copy mailed to you for a low extra fee.
Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- I Drive Safely – No. I Drive Safely does not offer any kind of case tracking service.
- BOTS – For an extra fee, Best Online Traffic School offers “Ultimate Peace of Mind” Service. This means the school will send you email updates when your course is Submitted, Processing and Closed, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
How Does Customer Service Compare?
For Best Online Traffic School, you have three options:
- Email a support representative.
- Call a support representative.
- Use a live chat feature on our website.
Our live chat is available 24/7, but if no one is available to respond to your message right away, you can search for help center articles right inside the chat window while you wait.
For I Drive Safely, things aren’t quite so straightforward. The school’s website claimed that you can reach customer support via email or phone, but even after scouring their website, we couldn’t find an email address or phone number for customer support. I Drive Safely does offer a live chat, but it’s not accessible on all pages of their website — we had to do some digging before the chat window was accessible.
However, once we found the live chat and were connected with an agent, they were prompt, friendly, and quickly answered all of our questions.
When it comes to customer service, we think Best Online Traffic School has a slight edge, just because our customer support is easier to reach.
How Do Online Reviews Compare?
One of the best ways to compare two similar products is by looking at their online reviews and seeing what past and current customers have to say. Here’s what we found when checking online reviews for these two schools.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 132 reviews.
I Drive Safely has a 2.5-star rating based on 185 reviews.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 664 reviews.
I Drive Safely isn’t listed on Google Reviews.
Which Is More Affordable?
One of the most important considerations for many people looking for a traffic school is the cost — after all, you’re likely already paying fines and fees associated with your traffic ticket, so getting the best value possible is a high priority.
Best Online Traffic School is one of the most affordable options in California. Our course costs just $9.99, and you don’t have to pay a penny until you pass your final quiz. There are no hidden costs or fees.
I Drive Safely also offers an affordable course — $19.95. However, that’s almost double what our course costs. And it comes with a free month of roadside assistance, which, if you forget to cancel after your trial, will cost you $5 per month going forward.
Our Choice: Best Online Traffic School
Best Online Traffic School is the best choice in California. Its low cost, great customer service, excellent customer reviews, fast and convenient classes, and more make it a choice that no driver will regret. Ready to see for yourself? Sign up for free today.