- Little Saigon Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
- License and Business Information
- What Common Features Are Included?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- Can I take the course on any device?
- Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- How long does the course take?
- How long does the final exam take?
- Will I get due date reminders?
- Can I listen to the course?
- What happens if I fail the final exam?
- Is the final exam open book?
- Is same-day submission to the court available?
- Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- How Does Customer Service Compare?
- How Do Online Reviews Compare?
- Which Is More Affordable?
- Our Choice: Best Online Traffic School
Getting a traffic ticket in California can be a stressful experience. The state’s driver’s license point system means that a single ticket could send your insurance rates through the roof, and more than one violation could mean having your license suspended.
One way to avoid these consequences, remove points from your license, or lower your insurance rates is traffic school. And if you’ve researched traffic schools in California, you likely already know that you have a lot of options.
One of the most convenient choices is online traffic school, and two popular providers for that are Little Saigon Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School. Choosing the right one could be the difference between a quick, affordable experience, and one that’s time-consuming and expensive — on top of the other costs associated with your ticket and court case.
We’re here to help you choose the best online traffic school experience, by comparing everything you need to know about Little Saigon Traffic School and Best Online. Read on to learn more.
Little Saigon Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
Some of the most important things to consider when choosing a traffic school are all the features that are included.
Little Saigon Traffic School offers both an online program and a booklet program. Best Online Traffic School is only available online. For the sake of consistency, we’re going to compare the two using features offered by Little Saigon’s online program, not the booklet course.
We think we are, here at Best Online Traffic School. With just a visit to our website, you can learn everything you need to know about how and when you can take our course, how long it takes to complete, what’s required, and how much it costs.
When you’re searching for the right traffic school, you need as much information as possible at your fingertips so you can quickly and easily compare programs. That’s why Best Online Traffic School is the best option in California.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s how Best Online Traffic School compares to Little Saigon Traffic School in features, requirements, pricing, and customer experience.
License and Business Information
Both Little Saigon Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School are licensed by the California DMV and can be taken online in all of California’s 58 counties.
Best Online Traffic School, first licensed in 2018, currently holds license number E1314. Best Online is only licensed in California, and not any other states. For California residents, though, this is good news — we’re experts on California traffic laws and traffic school regulations. We meet DMV requirements in all 58 counties, and you can take our course from anywhere in the state.
Its California DMV license shows that Best Online Traffic School is located at 133 N Altadena Dr Ste 215 in Pasadena, California. It’s owned by Prat City, LLC, and operated by Rodney Yo. You can reach Best Online Traffic School by email at [email protected], or by phone at (530) 553-8813.
Little Saigon Traffic School holds California DMV license #E0615. It was first licensed in 1989, and is owned and operated by Michael Duc Minh Vo. Little Saigon is located at 9315 Bolsa Ave., Ste 218 in Westminster, California. Their phone number is (714) 895-4565.
What Common Features Are Included?
Online traffic schools may seem like they all offer the same thing, but that’s actually not true. There are so many features that can offer you added convenience, and different schools offer different sets of features.
Here’s what you get included in your course fees for BOTS and Little Saigon Traffic School (LSTS).
What forms of payment are accepted?
- LSTS – They seem to accept most credit and debit cards.
- BOTS – All major credit and debit cards, including internationally issued cards. PayPal can be accepted in some cases. We don’t accept checks or cash.
Can I take the course on any device?
- LSTS – The course is made for desktops but can be taken on “most” mobile devices.
- BOTS – Yes, you can use any computer, tablet, or mobile device that is internet-connected. You can also switch between devices without losing any progress.
Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- LSTS – They give you unlimited time to pass your course.
- BOTS – There is no time limit to complete the course.
How long does the course take?
- LSTS – The course has timers to ensure students watch all the video elements from start-to-end.
- BOTS – The course meets the minimum word count to be equivalent to California’s 8-hour classroom course. But you can work at your own pace, and it’s possible to finish the course in 1-3 hours while still meeting California’s DMV requirements.
How long does the final exam take?
- LSTS – The final exam in 25 multiple-choice questions. They did not provide an average for how long students take to finish the final exam.
- BOTS – The average student takes 15-20 minutes to complete the final exam.
Will I get due date reminders?
- LSTS – No, due date reminders are not included.
- BOTS – Yes, due date reminders are free.
Can I listen to the course?
- LSTS – They do not provide an audio version of the course.
- BOTS – Yes, audio read along is included for free.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
- LSTS – If you fail both times, you’ll have to retake the course. You’ll have to pay the course fee again if you need to retake the course.
- BOTS – You’re allowed two consecutive attempts to pass the final exam (which means getting at least a 70% score). 99% of Best Online Traffic School customers pass on the first try. But in the unlikely attempt that you fail both attempts, you’ll have to re-register for the course, as per DMV rules. Retaking the course is still free.
Is the final exam open book?
- LSTS – Yes, the final exam is open book.
- BOTS – California rules allow for an open book during the final quiz. You can refer back to course sections online without losing your time or place in the final exam.
Is same-day submission to the court available?
- LSTS – They say they submit completion to the court as soon as it’s done, but it can take some time to process.
- BOTS – Yes, your information is sent to the DMV and your selected court as soon as you pass the final exam and submit payment for the course.
Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- LSTS – You will automatically receive a digital version via email. You can also have a physical copy mailed to you by request.
- BOTS – Best Online Traffic School will have your certificate of completion available for download, and will email you a copy. You can request to have a physical copy mailed to you for a low extra fee.
Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- LSTS – They do not offer any such service.
- BOTS – For an extra fee, Best Online Traffic School offers “Ultimate Peace of Mind” Service. This means the school will send you email updates when your course is Submitted, Processing and Closed, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
How Does Customer Service Compare?
In light of those online reviews, there are serious questions about the customer service offered at Little Saigon Traffic School.
Customers can contact Little Saigon by phone at (714) 895-4565. The contact page also offers email and social media links, though they’re a little bit hard to find. You can contact Little Saigon Traffic School by email at [email protected], or by messaging them on Facebook, though their profile hasn’t been updated since 2018, so it’s not clear whether they are responsive on that platform.
When we contacted customer service at Little Saigon Traffic School, we received a response via email in just over one hour. It was polite, courteous, and answered all of our questions. Our customer service experience was positive, but those many online reviews that mention poor customer service experiences give us serious pause, and make us think that not every customer has the smooth experience we had.
Then, there’s Best Online Traffic School. We offer multiple ways to get in touch with customer service. You can:
- Email a support representative at [email protected];
- Call a support representative at (530) 553-8813;
- Use a live chat feature on our website.
Our live chat is available 24/7, but in the event that all our representatives are busy and can’t answer your message right away, you can search for help center articles inside the chat window while you wait.
How Do Online Reviews Compare?
Looking at online traffic school reviews is a great way to choose the best service, since the experience other customers had is likely to be similar to the experience you’ll have. We looked at reviews from two major review platforms to see how Little Saigon Traffic School and Best Online compare.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 185 reviews.
Little Saigon Traffic School, on the other hand, has just a 3-star rating based on 37 reviews. In their reviews, customers mention a number of alarming things: Several say they were charged higher fees than what Little Saigon advertises for its courses, and many said they had bad experiences with customer service at this school.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 958 reviews.
Little Saigon Traffic School has just a 2.1-star rating based on 22 reviews. Once again, many reviews mention poor customer service as the reason for their low ratings.
Which Is More Affordable?
We know another major consideration for people taking online traffic school is the cost of the course. In addition to fines and court fees, traffic tickets can be expensive. You need traffic school to be affordable, and luckily, these are both great choices from that regard.
Little Saigon Traffic School charges $19.99 for its online course, which includes immediate access to the online course materials and electronic reporting once you finish the course.
Best Online Traffic School is more affordable: Just $14.99, with more features included in the course fee. What really sets us apart, though, is that you don’t have to pay for Best Online Traffic School until after you pass your final exam and you’re ready for us to send your completion to the DMV and your court.
Our Choice: Best Online Traffic School
Taking all of this into consideration, we think Best Online Traffic School is the best choice for California residents. It’s more affordable than Little Saigon, offers more features, is more flexible with payment only required after you pass your course, and has much better online reviews.
The customer service question is a big one — if you have a problem with your traffic school course near your court deadline, you need effective customer service, and fast. Based on other customers’ experiences, we’re not sure you would get that at Little Saigon — but you will at Best Online Traffic School.