- OC Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
- License and Business Information
- What Common Features Are Included?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- Can I take the course on any device?
- Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- How long does the course take?
- How long does the final exam take?
- Will I get due date reminders?
- What happens if I fail the final exam?
- Is the final exam open book?
- Is same-day submission to the court available?
- Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- How Does Customer Service Compare?
- How Do Online Reviews Compare?
- How Much They Cost
- Why Best Online Traffic School Is the Better Choice
Each year, around 670,000 California drivers who get tickets choose to enroll in traffic school, according to the Sacramento Bee. With that much demand, it’s no surprise that there’s also plenty of supply ready to meet it — there are thousands of traffic schools just in the state of California.
While it’s great that drivers with tickets have so many traffic schools to choose from, it creates a new problem: Choosing the best school — the one that will allow you to clear your ticket, remove points from your license, or lower your insurance rates quickly, easily, and affordably.
For the convenience factor, many drivers look to online traffic schools. But even there, they have a ton of choices. Two schools you’ve likely encountered in your research into online traffic schools are OC Traffic School, and Best Online Traffic School. At a glance, they probably look very similar. But with deeper research, you might start to notice the differences between the courses offered by these two websites.
If you’re looking for the fastest, easiest, and most affordable online traffic school experience, we’re here to help. Read on to see how OC Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School compare in their features, costs, customer service, and more.
OC Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
If you’re looking for the best deal from your traffic school, you need to know what features it offers — and for what price. It’s worth noting that OC Traffic School offers both an internet course and a booklet course for traffic violator school. For the purposes of this guide, we’ll only be comparing its internet traffic school features with what we offer here at Best Online Traffic School.
Below is a look at some common online traffic school features, and whether OC Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School offer them all.
We think we are, here at Best Online Traffic School. With just a visit to our website, you can learn everything you need to know about how and when you can take our course, how long it takes to complete, what’s required, and how much it costs.
When you’re searching for the right traffic school, you need as much information as possible at your fingertips so you can quickly and easily compare programs. That’s why Best Online Traffic School is the best option in California.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s how Best Online Traffic School compares to TrafficSchool.com in features, requirements, pricing, and customer experience.
License and Business Information
Both OC Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School are licensed by the DMV to operate in all of California’s counties and courts.
Best Online Traffic School, first licensed in 2018, currently holds license number E1314. Best Online is only licensed in California, and not any other states. For California residents, though, this is good news — we’re experts on California traffic laws and traffic school regulations. We meet DMV requirements in all 58 counties, and you can take our course from anywhere in the state.
Its California DMV license shows that Best Online Traffic School is located at 171 N Altadena Dr Ste 270 in Pasadena, California. It’s owned by Prat City, LLC, and operated by Rodney Yo. You can reach Best Online Traffic School by email at [email protected], or by phone at (530) 553-8813.
OC Traffic School holds DMV license #E1862. It was first licensed in 2012. OC Traffic School is located at 13872 Harbor Blvd. Ste. 1D in Garden Grove, California. You can reach OC Traffic School by phone at (714) 554-5122. OC Traffic School is owned by Marys Income Tax, Inc., and operated by Miguel Angel Arellano.
What Common Features Are Included?
Here’s how OC Traffic School (OCTS) and Best Online Traffic School (BOTS) compare when looking at all the features they offer for their students.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- OCTS – OC Traffic School accepts credit and debit cards for its course.
- BOTS – All major credit and debit cards, including internationally issued cards. PayPal can be accepted in some cases. We don’t accept checks or cash.
Can I take the course on any device?
- OCTS – They state on their website that the course is “available on most mobile devices,” but does not specify what devices will not support its course.
- BOTS – Yes, you can use any computer, tablet, or mobile device that is internet-connected. You can also switch between devices without losing any progress.
Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- OCTS – There is no time limit to finish the course, other than deadlines set by your court.
- BOTS – There is no time limit, other than the due date set by your court.
How long does the course take?
- OCTS – OC Traffic School doesn’t use section timers, so you can finish the course as quickly as you can read the material; however, the system doesn’t allow you to take the final quiz if you haven’t spent at least one hour in the course.
- BOTS – The course meets the minimum word count to be equivalent to California’s 8-hour classroom course. But you can work at your own pace, and it’s possible to finish the course in 1-3 hours while still meeting California’s DMV requirements.
How long does the final exam take?
- OCTS – OC Traffic School doesn’t specify how long the exam takes, but it is 25 multiple choice questions.
- BOTS – The average student takes 15-20 minutes to complete the final exam.
Will I get due date reminders?
- OCTS – No, due date reminders are not available.
- BOTS – Yes, due date reminders are free.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
- OCTS – If you fail the final exam, California DMV rules state that you are allowed one retake. OC Traffic School says that failing twice will disqualify your account, and you’ll have to take another course through another provider.
- BOTS – You’re allowed two consecutive attempts to pass the final exam (which means getting at least a 70% score). 99% of Best Online Traffic School customers pass on the first try. But in the unlikely attempt that you fail both attempts, you’ll have to re-register for the course, as per DMV rules. Retaking the course is still free.
Is the final exam open book?
- OCTS – Yes, the final exam is open book.
- BOTS – California rules allow for an open book during the final quiz. You can refer back to course sections online without losing your time or place in the final exam.
Is same-day submission to the court available?
- OCTS – Yes. OC Traffic School submits completions to the DMV and court as soon as you pass your final quiz.
- BOTS – Yes, your information is sent to the DMV and your selected court as soon as you pass the final exam and submit payment for the course.
Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- OCTS – All students receive an emailed certificate upon completing their course, and can request to have a physical copy sent to them by mail.
- BOTS – Best Online Traffic School will have your certificate of completion available for download, and will email you a copy. You can request to have a physical copy mailed to you for a low extra fee.
Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- OCTS – OC Traffic School does not offer this.
- BOTS – For an extra fee, Best Online Traffic School offers “Ultimate Peace of Mind” Service. This means the school will send you email updates when your course is Submitted, Processing and Closed, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
How Does Customer Service Compare?
If you have questions or problems, you can reach OC Traffic School:
- By phone at (714) 554-5122;
- By fax at (714) 554-2538;
- By email at [email protected].
They note online that their customer service hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. OC Traffic School is closed on Sundays.
When we reached out to OC Traffic School’s customer service with some questions for this article, we received a response a little over 10 hours later. It did answer all of our questions. While that’s not the fastest customer service response time, OC Traffic School does note online that they aim to answer emails within one business day, and they delivered on that. However, those limited hours mean that if you have a question or problem on a weekend, you might have to wait several days to get help.
At Best Online Traffic School, we understand how important customer service is. That’s why we offer multiple ways to get in touch with us. You can:
- Email a support representative at [email protected];
- Call a support representative at (530) 553-8813;
- Use a live chat feature on our website.
Live chat is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, though it’s possible that when you send a message, no support representative is available to answer immediately. If that happens, we offer the ability to search for help topics and articles right from the chat window while you wait.
How Do Online Reviews Compare?
Online reviews are a great way to compare traffic schools, since they offer a glimpse of the kinds of experiences other students have already had. It’s also where these two schools start to really differ.
OC Traffic School hasn’t claimed its online listings, so you won’t be able to even find it on major review platforms like Yelp.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 146 reviews.
On Google Reviews, once again, OC Traffic School hasn’t claimed its business listing. But there is a single, 1-star review left by a customer who complained that OC Traffic School didn’t respond to phone calls or emails, and that their website isn’t secure.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 821 reviews.
How Much They Cost
When you’re dealing with a traffic ticket, you already have court fees and fines to pay. The last thing you want is to overpay for traffic school, adding to an already expensive experience.
OC Traffic School is one of the most expensive online traffic violator courses we’ve ever seen, at $37 for the online-only course.
Best Online Traffic School is far more affordable — we charge just $9.99 for our course, which includes more features, like automatic due date reminders. We also don’t require you to pay until after you pass, so there’s no monetary risk to you at all.
Why Best Online Traffic School Is the Better Choice
When you look at just their features, OC Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School look pretty similar. But that’s where the similarities end.
At Best Online Traffic School, we offer more features with better customer service (which you can find proof of in our hundreds of positive online reviews). We offer a better overall experience for our students, with support whenever you need it — for a much more affordable price. It’s clear that between these two options, Best Online Traffic School is not only cheaper but offers a better product for that lower price.
Ready to see for yourself? Sign up for free today.