- One Day Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
- License and Business Information
- What Common Features Are Included?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- Can I take the course on any device?
- Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- How long does the course take?
- How long does the final exam take?
- Will I get due date reminders?
- What happens if I fail the final exam?
- Is the final exam open book?
- Is same-day submission to the court available?
- Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- How Does Customer Service Compare?
- How Do Online Reviews Compare?
- How Much They Cost
- The Better Choice: Best Online Traffic School
According to a Coverage.com survey last year, Californians have the sixth highest average commute times in the nation — they spend an average of 58.6 minutes getting to and from work each day. That amounts to just under 254 hours per year — or about 10 and a half days of driving, just to get to and from work.
With that much time spent behind the wheel, you’re almost bound to get a ticket at some point.
But that doesn’t make dealing with a California traffic ticket any less stressful. Online traffic school is a great way to clear tickets, remove points from your license, and lower your insurance rates, but there are hundreds of schools in the state. Who has time to research them and choose the best one? Not you — you’re busy with that commute.
That’s why we did the hard work for you. If you’ve recently gotten a ticket in California, two businesses you’re likely to come across in your search for an online traffic school are One Day Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School. But how do they compare? Which one should you choose? Don’t worry — we’ve got you covered. Read on for all the details.
One Day Traffic School vs Best Online Traffic School
When comparing traffic schools, one of the main things to look at is what features are included for the cost of the program. Here are some important features to consider, and whether these two schools offer them.
Here’s how One Day Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School compare when looking at all the features they offer for their students.
We think we are, here at Best Online Traffic School. With just a visit to our website, you can learn everything you need to know about how and when you can take our course, how long it takes to complete, what’s required, and how much it costs.
When you’re searching for the right traffic school, you need as much information as possible at your fingertips so you can quickly and easily compare programs. That’s why Best Online Traffic School is the best option in California.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s how Best Online Traffic School compares to TrafficSchool.com in features, requirements, pricing, and customer experience.
License and Business Information
Both One Day Traffic School and Best Online Traffic School are licensed with the California DMV and legally allowed to provide online traffic school in all of the state’s counties.
Best Online Traffic School, first licensed in 2018, currently holds license number E1314. Best Online is only licensed in California, and not any other states. For California residents, though, this is good news — we’re experts on California traffic laws and traffic school regulations. We meet DMV requirements in all 58 counties, and you can take our course from anywhere in the state.
Its California DMV license shows that Best Online Traffic School is located at 171 N Altadena Dr Ste 270 in Pasadena, California. It’s owned by Prat City, LLC, and operated by Rodney Yo. You can reach Best Online Traffic School by email at [email protected], or by phone at (530) 553-8813.
One Day Traffic School holds license #E1892. It was first licensed in 2012. The school is owned by Lofy Enterprises, Inc. and operated by David Jeffrey Lofy. It’s located at 4200 Easton Drive, Ste. 14A in Bakersfield, California. Its listed phone number is (877) 245-6972.
What Common Features Are Included?
Here’s how One Day Traffic School (ODTS) and Best Online Traffic School (BOTS) compare when looking at all the features they offer for their students.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- ODTS – One Day Traffic School accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. They also take checks and money orders.
- BOTS – All major credit and debit cards, including internationally issued cards. PayPal can be accepted in some cases. We don’t accept checks or cash.
Can I take the course on any device?
- ODTS – This isn’t made clear on One Day Traffic School’s website. When we reached out to customer service to ask, no one answered.
- BOTS – Yes, you can use any computer, tablet, or mobile device that is internet-connected. You can also switch between devices without losing any progress.
Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- ODTS – There is no time limit to finish the course, other than deadlines set by your court.
- BOTS – There is no time limit, other than the due date set by your court.
How long does the course take?
- ODTS – One Day Traffic School states on their website that their course is “the fastest the DMV allows;” however, it does not specify what that means.
- BOTS – The course meets the minimum word count to be equivalent to California’s 8-hour classroom course. But you can work at your own pace, and it’s possible to finish the course in 1-3 hours while still meeting California’s DMV requirements.
How long does the final exam take?
- ODTS – The final exam consists of 25 questions. One Day Traffic School doesn’t specify how long that typically takes their students.
- BOTS – The average student takes 15-20 minutes to complete the final exam.
Will I get due date reminders?
- ODTS – One Day Traffic School doesn’t mention on their website that they offer due date reminders. We reached out to customer service to ask about this, and received no response.
- BOTS – Yes, due date reminders are free.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
- ODTS – If you fail the final exam, California DMV rules state that you are allowed one retake. If you fail on your second try, you must retake your traffic school course. One Day Traffic School offers a money-back “Guarantee to Pass” policy. But in the fine print, states that refunds are only available to students who don’t complete the course or don’t take the final exam.
- BOTS – You’re allowed two consecutive attempts to pass the final exam (which means getting at least a 70% score). 99% of Best Online Traffic School customers pass on the first try. But in the unlikely attempt that you fail both attempts, you’ll have to re-register for the course, as per DMV rules. Retaking the course is still free.
Is the final exam open book?
- ODTS – Yes, the final exam is open book.
- BOTS – California rules allow for an open book during the final quiz. You can refer back to course sections online without losing your time or place in the final exam.
Is same-day submission to the court available?
- ODTS – One Day Traffic School offers “express processing” in its most expensive package, but does not specify what that means. We reached out to their customer service to ask, but no one ever got back to us.
- BOTS – Yes, your information is sent to the DMV and your selected court as soon as you pass the final exam and submit payment for the course.
Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- ODTS – A certificate of completion is available, but only if you purchase an upgraded package for an $11.95 extra fee.
- BOTS – Best Online Traffic School will have your certificate of completion available for download, and will email you a copy. You can request to have a physical copy mailed to you for a low extra fee.
Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- ODTS – Court processing notification is available, but only if you purchase an upgraded package for a $15.95 extra fee. However, you won’t get notified when the case is closed.
- BOTS – For an extra fee, Best Online Traffic School offers “Ultimate Peace of Mind” Service. This means the school will send you email updates when your course is Submitted, Processing and Closed, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
How Does Customer Service Compare?
One Day Traffic School can be reached by phone at (877) 245-6972, or by email at [email protected]. On the same page of their website, they claim to be open for customer service 24/7/365, and only from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
There were several things we wanted to know about One Day Traffic School’s course that we couldn’t find online, so we reached out to the school’s customer service department for help. When they didn’t get back to us within 24 hours, we sent a follow-up email. It was never answered. Ultimately, we were not able to reach One Day Traffic School’s customer service, despite multiple attempts.
Best Online Traffic School offers multiple ways to get in touch:
- Email a support representative at [email protected];
- Call a support representative at (530) 553-8813;
- Use a live chat feature on our website.
Our live chat is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In the event that a support representative isn’t able to respond to your message immediately, you can search and browse help articles from inside the chat window while you wait.
How Do Online Reviews Compare?
Online reviews are a great way to get a feel for how a traffic school experience will be since they reflect the real experiences other students have had.
Here’s what we found when we compared online reviews for One Day Traffic School and Best Online.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 143 reviews.
We couldn’t find One Day Traffic School on very many review sites, including Yelp, where it seems to have no listing.
Google was the only site where we were able to find reviews for One Day Traffic School. The school has a 4.9-star rating based on 86 reviews.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 812 reviews, nearly 10 times as many.
How Much They Cost
Getting a traffic ticket in California can be expensive. The last thing you want is a major added expense from your traffic school. With budget in mind, how do One Day Traffic School and Best Online compare?
There are some major differences here.
One Day Traffic School has a pricing system that’s confusing and not entirely transparent on its website. The base fee for the course varies by county and court, starting at $6.95, but you won’t find out the base price until you enter your information and reach the registration page.
Then, if you want anything more than the course and the final quiz, you can pay for one of four upgrade packages, ranging from $5.95 to $18.95 extra — meaning a total cost that ranges from $6.95 to $25.93, depending on what features you want your course to include.
Best Online Traffic School, on the other hand, charges a flat fee for almost all features: Just $9.99. At BOTS, $9.99 includes all the features included in One Day Traffic School’s most expensive package except one type of court notification, which we offer for an extra fee. However, they do not offer the final case closed update notification. But what’s great is that our pricing structure is simple and transparent, and you don’t have to pay until you pass your final quiz.
The Better Choice: Best Online Traffic School
Looking at this comparison, it’s pretty easy to see which of these two traffic schools is the better choice: Best Online Traffic School.
While these two have similar Google reviews, that’s where their similarities end.
Best Online offers far better customer service, and more features for a more affordable price. Best Online is also fully transparent — you don’t have to dig through pages and pages on our website to find important information like course pricing. Plus, you don’t pay until you pass our course — it’s that simple, unlike One Day Traffic School’s “Guarantee to Pass Policy,” which isn’t actually a guarantee at all.
Ready to clear your California traffic ticket quickly and easily? Sign up for Best Online Traffic School for free.