- Traffic School 4 Busy People vs Best Online Traffic School
- License and Business Information
- What Common Features Are Included?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- Can I take the course on any device?
- Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- How long does the course take?
- How long does the final exam take?
- Will I get due date reminders?
- What happens if I fail the final exam?
- Is the final exam open book?
- Is same-day submission to the court available?
- Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- How Does Customer Service Compare?
- How Do Online Reviews Compare?
- Which Is More Affordable?
- Our Choice: Best Online Traffic School
According to the LA Times, more than 4 million traffic tickets are issued in California each year. That means traffic infractions account for more than 70 percent of the state’s yearly court cases.
In other words, if you’ve been issued a traffic citation in California, you’re far from alone. Still, the fact that so many of them are given out each year doesn’t make the process less stressful for those who are going through it, especially if your ticket is going to result in points on your license or increased insurance rates.
If that’s the case, you might be looking for an online traffic school. But how do you choose one when there are thousands of them in California alone? We’re here to help. Read on, and you’ll see how two popular traffic school options — Traffic School 4 Busy People and Best Online Traffic School — stack up.
We think Best Online Traffic School is the better choice, mainly because it’s a more transparent company with much better customer service. But we’ll get into all the details below.
Traffic School 4 Busy People vs Best Online Traffic School
Both of these companies offer fully online courses, which provides the flexibility to take the course from anywhere, on your own schedule.
Here’s everything they each offer and how they compare.
We think we are, here at Best Online Traffic School. With just a visit to our website, you can learn everything you need to know about how and when you can take our course, how long it takes to complete, what’s required, and how much it costs.
When you’re searching for the right traffic school, you need as much information as possible at your fingertips so you can quickly and easily compare programs. That’s why Best Online Traffic School is the best option in California.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s how Best Online Traffic School compares to Traffic School 4 Busy People in features, requirements, pricing, and customer experience.
License and Business Information
Both Traffic School 4 Busy People and Best Online Traffic School are legitimate online courses that are licensed by the California DMV.
Best Online Traffic School, first licensed in 2018, currently holds license number E1314. Best Online is only licensed in California, and not any other states. For California residents, though, this is good news — we’re experts on California traffic laws and traffic school regulations. We meet DMV requirements in all 58 counties, and you can take our course from anywhere in the state.
Its California DMV license shows that Best Online Traffic School is located at 2130 Huntington Dr, Ste 203, in Pasadena, California. It’s owned by Prat City, LLC, and operated by Rodney Yo. You can reach Best Online Traffic School by email at [email protected], or by phone at (530) 553-8813.
Traffic School 4 Busy People holds license number E0543. It was first licensed in 2015. According to its DMV license, Traffic School 4 Busy People is located at 303 Twin Dolphin Drive, Ste. 600 in Redwood City, California. It is owned by Mizunetwork, LLC, and operated by Kevin James Mizuhara. Its phone number is (800) 287-9841.
Best Online Traffic School and Traffic School 4 Busy People are both available in all of California’s 58 counties. Traffic School 4 Busy People says on its website that it may be available in some places outside of California, but you have to contact your court and the company to find out.
What Common Features Are Included?
Online traffic schools may seem like they all offer the same thing, but that’s actually not true. There are so many features that can offer you added convenience, and different schools offer different sets of features.
Here’s what you get included in your course fees for BOTS and Traffic School 4 Busy People (TS4BP).
What forms of payment are accepted?
- TS4BP – Accepts major credit and debit cards. They accept PayPal as well.
- BOTS – All major credit and debit cards, including internationally issued cards. PayPal can be accepted in some cases. We don’t accept checks or cash.
Can I take the course on any device?
- TS4BP – The course can be taken on any internet-connected device.
- BOTS – Yes, you can use any computer, tablet, or mobile device that is internet-connected. You can also switch between devices without losing any progress.
Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- TS4BP – They give you unlimited time to pass your course.
- BOTS – There is no time limit to complete the course.
How long does the course take?
- TS4BP – Most people take 4-5 hours, but it can be done more quickly than that. There are no course timers, so you can move at your own pace.
- BOTS – The course meets the minimum word count to be equivalent to California’s 8-hour classroom course. But you can work at your own pace, and it’s possible to finish the course in 1-3 hours while still meeting California’s DMV requirements.
How long does the final exam take?
- TS4BP – The final exam in 25 multiple-choice questions. They did not provide an average for how long students take to finish the final exam.
- BOTS – The average student takes 15-20 minutes to complete the final exam.
Will I get due date reminders?
- TS4BP – This is unclear. We tried to reach out to Traffic School 4 Busy People to find out, and they never answered our inquiries.
- BOTS – Yes, due date reminders are free.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
- TS4BP – If you fail both times, you’ll have to retake the course. With Traffic School 4 Busy People, you’ll have to pay the course fee again to retake it.
- BOTS – You’re allowed two consecutive attempts to pass the final exam (which means getting at least a 70% score). 99% of Best Online Traffic School customers pass on the first try. But in the unlikely attempt that you fail both attempts, you’ll have to re-register for the course, as per DMV rules. Retaking the course is still free.
Is the final exam open book?
- TS4BP – Yes, the final exam is open book.
- BOTS – California rules allow for an open book during the final quiz. You can refer back to course sections online without losing your time or place in the final exam.
Is same-day submission to the court available?
- TS4BP – Yes, for an additional $8.95.
- BOTS – Yes, your information is sent to the DMV and your selected court as soon as you pass the final exam and submit payment for the course.
Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- TS4BP – Yes. Traffic School 4 Busy People immediately emails a certificate of completion once you pass your traffic school final exam.
- BOTS – Best Online Traffic School will have your certificate of completion available for download, and will email you a copy. You can request to have a physical copy mailed to you for a low extra fee.
Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- TS4BP – It’s unclear whether Traffic School 4 Busy People offers this service. We tried to ask their customer service department, but received no response.
- BOTS – For an extra fee, Best Online Traffic School offers “Ultimate Peace of Mind” Service. This means the school will send you email updates when your course is Submitted, Processing and Closed, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
How Does Customer Service Compare?
This is where we start to see one of these two traffic schools seeming to be a considerably better choice than the other. Best Online Traffic School offers round-the-clock customer service with a variety of ways to get in touch with a representative. On the other hand, Traffic School 4 Busy People has limited customer service hours, and after trying for several days, we were not able to reach a representative at all.
With Best Online Traffic School, you have three ways to reach customer service:
- Email a support representative.
- Call a support representative.
- Use a live chat feature on our website.
Our live chat feature is available 24/7. It’s possible that no representative will be available to answer immediately when you message, but in the event of that happening, we offer searchable help center articles right inside the chat window, so you can look for an answer while you wait for someone to get back to you.
With Traffic School 4 Busy People, you don’t have as many customer service options. Customer support agents are available by phone Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., according to their website. If you need assistance outside of those answers, the website says to send customer support an email. However, we emailed Traffic School 4 Busy People with some questions for this article, and after three days, no one had answered. We also tried to call customer support and only got an answering service.
From our experience, it seems like you could have real trouble trying to reach customer support with Traffic School 4 Busy People, which could be a major issue if you need help while your court deadline is approaching.
How Do Online Reviews Compare?
We also looked to online reviews to see what past and current students think of their experiences with Best Online Traffic School and Traffic School 4 Busy People.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 133 reviews.
Traffic School 4 Busy People has a 4.5-star rating based on 51 reviews.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 664 reviews.
Traffic School 4 Busy People has a 4.2-star rating based on 10 reviews.
Which Is More Affordable?
And finally, we get to one of the most important considerations when choosing an online traffic school: The cost.
Between court fees and administration fees, getting a traffic ticket can be expensive. We know you don’t want to add a lot of extra charges on top of it all for traffic school.
That’s why, at Best Online Traffic School, you don’t have to pay a penny until after you pass your final exam. And then, our course is only $14.99, and includes many features that other traffic schools charge extra for.
Traffic School 4 Busy People, on the other hand, charges $19.95 for their course, and an extra $8.95 to speed up processing if you have fewer than three business days until your court deadline.
Our Choice: Best Online Traffic School
Best Online Traffic School is more affordable. It has better online reviews. And it obviously has better customer service — meaning you can actually reach a support representative.
For all these reasons, we think we offer the Best Online Traffic School — it’s right there in our name. Ready to see for yourself? Sign up for free today.