- Traffic School Online vs Best Online Traffic School
- License and Business Information
- What Common Features Are Included?
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- Can I take the course on any device?
- Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- How long does the course take?
- How long does the final exam take?
- Will I get due date reminders?
- Can I listen to the course?
- What happens if I fail the final exam?
- Is the final exam open book?
- Is same-day submission to the court available?
- Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- How Does Customer Service Compare?
- How Do Online Reviews Compare?
- How Much They Cost
- The Better Choice: Best Online Traffic School
More than half a million people enroll in California traffic schools each year.
They have many reasons for doing so. Some want to lower their insurance rates. But many are there to mask points from their license after getting a traffic ticket.
If you fall into the latter category, you already have enough on your plate — the last thing you need is for choosing the right traffic school to be an extra hassle. But California has so many online traffic schools, it can certainly feel overwhelming.
We’re here to help. Two schools you’ve likely come across in your search are Traffic School Online and Best Online Traffic School. But which is the better choice?
You need the best online traffic school — the one that offers the most features for the most affordable price. Read on to see how Traffic School Online and Best Online Traffic School compare — and which one is the better choice for clearing a traffic ticket in California.
Traffic School Online vs Best Online Traffic School
One of the most important considerations when choosing a traffic school is whether it offers all the features you need at a fair, affordable price.
Here’s how Traffic School Online.com and Best Online Traffic School compare when looking at all the features they offer for their students.
We think we are, here at Best Online Traffic School. With just a visit to our website, you can learn everything you need to know about how and when you can take our course, how long it takes to complete, what’s required, and how much it costs.
When you’re searching for the right traffic school, you need as much information as possible at your fingertips so you can quickly and easily compare programs. That’s why Best Online Traffic School is the best option in California.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s how Best Online Traffic School compares to Traffic School Online in features, requirements, pricing, and customer experience.
License and Business Information
Both Traffic School Online and Best Online Traffic School are fully licensed and approved by the California DMV for use by residents of all the state’s 58 counties.
Best Online Traffic School, first licensed in 2018, currently holds license number E1314. Best Online is only licensed in California, and not any other states. For California residents, though, this is good news — we’re experts on California traffic laws and traffic school regulations. We meet DMV requirements in all 58 counties, and you can take our course from anywhere in the state.
Its California DMV license shows that Best Online Traffic School is located at 133 N Altadena Dr Ste 215 in Pasadena, California. It’s owned by Prat City, LLC, and operated by Rodney Yo. You can reach Best Online Traffic School by email at [email protected], or by phone at (530) 553-8813.
Traffic School Online holds California DMV license #E1901. It was first licensed in 2012, is owned by The Distance Learning Company, and is operated by Steve Soldis. Traffic School Online is located at 1955 Cleveland Ave., in Santa Rosa, California. Their phone number listed on their DMV license is (800) 800-3579.
What Common Features Are Included?
Here’s how Traffic School Online and Best Online Traffic School compare when looking at all the features they offer for their students.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- TSO – They accept major credit and debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and AmEx, as well as PayPal.
- BOTS – All major credit and debit cards, including internationally issued cards. PayPal can be accepted in some cases. We don’t accept checks or cash.
Can I take the course on any device?
- TSO – Yes. The course can be taken on desktop, tablets, and mobile devices.
- BOTS – Yes, you can use any computer, tablet, or mobile device that is internet-connected. You can also switch between devices without losing any progress.
Is there a time limit to complete the course?
- TSO – There is no time limit to finish the course, other than deadlines set by your court.
- BOTS – There is no time limit to complete the course.
How long does the course take?
- TSO – According to Traffic School Online, their course is designed to take 6-7 hours to complete.
- BOTS – The course meets the minimum word count to be equivalent to California’s 8-hour classroom course. But you can work at your own pace, and it’s possible to finish the course in 1-3 hours while still meeting California’s DMV requirements.
How long does the final exam take?
- TSO – They did not provide an average for how long students take to finish the final exam.
- BOTS – The average student takes 15-20 minutes to complete the final exam.
Will I get due date reminders?
- TSO – Traffic School Online includes automatic due date reminders in some states, but did not specify whether California is one of them.
- BOTS – Yes, due date reminders are free.
Can I listen to the course?
- TSO – They do not provide an audio version of the course.
- BOTS – Yes, audio read along is included for free.
What happens if I fail the final exam?
- TSO – If you fail the final exam, California DMV rules state that you are allowed one retake. If you fail on your second try, you must retake your traffic school course. Traffic School Online advertises a money-back guarantee, but it doesn’t seem to apply if you fail your final exam, so if you need to retake the course, you might need to pay the course fee again.
- BOTS – You’re allowed two consecutive attempts to pass the final exam (which means getting at least a 70% score). 99% of Best Online Traffic School customers pass on the first try. But in the unlikely attempt that you fail both attempts, you’ll have to re-register for the course, as per DMV rules. Retaking the course is still free.
Is the final exam open book?
- TSO – Yes, the final exam is open book.
- BOTS – California rules allow for an open book during the final quiz. You can refer back to course sections online without losing your time or place in the final exam.
Is same-day submission to the court available?
- TSO – Yes. Traffic School Online submits your course certificate to the court and the DMV as soon as you pass.
- BOTS – Yes, your information is sent to the DMV and your selected court as soon as you pass the final exam and submit payment for the course.
Do I get a copy of the certificate of completion?
- TSO – With Traffic School Online, you can get your own copies, but at an added cost. It’s an additional $8.97 for a downloadable certificate, or $9.95 to have a physical copy mailed to you.
- BOTS – Best Online Traffic School will have your certificate of completion available for download, and will email you a copy. You can request to have a physical copy mailed to you for a low extra fee.
Will the school track my case and make sure it gets closed?
- TSO – We asked Traffic School Online about this, and their answer was vague and didn’t make clear whether they offer this to all students, or as an add-on for an extra price.
- BOTS – For an extra fee, Best Online Traffic School offers “Ultimate Peace of Mind” Service. This means the school will send you email updates when your course is Submitted, Processing and Closed, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
How Does Customer Service Compare?
Both Traffic School Online and Best Online Traffic School list many ways to get in touch, but our customer service experience revealed some issues with Traffic School Online.
On its contact page, Traffic School Online says it offers five ways to get in touch: phone, email, live chat, mail, or fax. It also says support agents are available 7 days a week (though with limited hours on the weekends).
However, when we tried to use the live chat feature to ask some questions, we discovered that it wasn’t a live chat at all — just a form that sent an email to customer support. Similarly, there was no email address listed on the contact page; just a form. We used it to send an email with several questions.
Although we received a quick response, it didn’t really answer all our questions, and there was no way to reply to the email to get more information or clarification. Overall, our customer service experience with Traffic School Online left us with concerns that you wouldn’t be able to get help if you needed it, especially if it were something time-sensitive close to your deadline.
Then, there’s Best Online Traffic School. We offer multiple ways to get in touch with customer service. You can:
- Email a support representative at [email protected];
- Call a support representative at (530) 553-8813;
- Use a live chat feature on our website.
Our live chat is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In the event that a support representative isn’t able to respond to your message immediately, you can search and browse help articles from inside the chat window while you wait.
How Do Online Reviews Compare?
When comparing two similar online traffic schools, we love to look at online reviews left by past students. We think this is a great way to get a sense of the kinds of experiences real people have when they choose a specific school.
In this case, Best Online Traffic School really starts to stand out. Negative reviews for Traffic School Online point to problems like outdated course materials and an inability to refer back to the course while taking the final exam as reasons for low ratings.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 185 reviews.
On Yelp, Traffic School Online has not claimed its listing, and it has only a single review, for two out of five stars.
Best Online Traffic School has a 5-star rating based on 958 reviews.
On Google Reviews, Traffic School Online has just 4 reviews, with an average rating of 4 stars.
How Much They Cost
After paying for your ticket and court fees, we know that the cost of traffic school is a huge concern. This is another area where we come out on top.
Traffic School Online charges $24.97 for its California traffic school course, plus an additional $8.97 for a downloadable version of your certificate of completion (something we offer for free). That means you would have to pay a total of $33.94 to get everything we offer for just $14.99.
That’s right — Best Online Traffic School costs just $14.99, which includes the course, due date reminders, same-day submission, and a free downloadable certificate of completion. Plus, you don’t have to pay a single penny until after you pass your final quiz.
The Better Choice: Best Online Traffic School
At a glance, these two traffic schools seem very similar. But our comparison reveals that with Best Online, you get more for a more affordable course fee. Plus, our online reviews are better, and our customer service is more reliable. You can’t go wrong by choosing Best Online Traffic School to clear your California traffic ticket.
Ready to see for yourself? Sign up for free today.