Step 1: Let’s Make Sure You’re Eligible.
Before going any further, you’ll want to make sure you qualify for traffic school first. You should have already:
- Plead guilty to your traffic ticket
- Paid your court fine
- Paid the court administrative fee for traffic school
If so, then don’t worry – the hard part is over! You’re ready to get started.
If you’re still wondering, here are the most important eligibility requirements for traffic school:
- You must plead guilty to the traffic violation
- You must hold a valid non-commercial California driver’s license
- You have been cited for a minor moving violation not exceeding 25 MPH over the limit
- You have NOT taken traffic school in the past 18 months
- Your offense is not alcohol-related
For more information, click here to read the full eligibility requirements.
If you’re still unsure about your eligibility, you’ll want to double-check your court notice and verify with your court first (either online, in-person or through the phone). They will also have information about your due date.
If you’re taking traffic school to lower your insurance rates, contact your insurance provider and ask your agent if you qualify for a reduction in your rate.
Once you’ve verified your eligibility, move on to the next step.
Note: Still not sure if you’re eligible? Need help understanding your options? Don’t worry – we’re here to answer any and all questions you might have. Just contact us through our 24/7 live chat and we’ll make sure you have everything you need to know.